SAN FRANCISCO – Sportsman Tracker, the technology company that provides cutting-edge hunting and fishing tools for predicting the best time and day to hunt or fish, will unveil its new mobile app that features the most accurate and advanced prediction formula available at TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco. The new Sportsman Tracker mobile app enables outdoor enthusiasts to track and forecast peak wildlife activity times for over 200 different species, to log fishing and hunting experiences and to connect with friends to share photos and successes. The app is free and is available now for Android and iOS devices.
The company will be exhibiting in Startup Alley at TechCrunch Disrupt on Monday, September 21, 2015, and founders will be available for interviews and to showcase the mobile app through the remainder of the conference.
The app features Sportsman Tracker’s new proprietary prediction algorithm, Wildlife Intelligence Technology™, that is based on scientific research in the field of wildlife behavioral patterns. The unique prediction formula analyzes eight different environmental variables including key weather patterns and the solunar calendar, and applies these factors to the user’s location and specific species allowing users to identify and track the best times and days to hunt and fish.
“Since launching our platform in 2013, we’ve made over 5 million predictions for hundreds of thousands of users around the world,” said Jeff Courter, co-founder and CEO of Sportsman Tracker. “Now, with a completely rebuilt mobile app featuring the world’s most advanced forecasting algorithm, we can offer logging not just for whitetail and common fish, but for over 200 game species, and we can now more accurately predict when success is most likely to occur whether you’re hunting whitetail or fishing for bass.”
The app also introduces logging capabilities that allow users to quickly and easily record details of their results, upload photos, add notes and rate their experiences. Current locations, dates, times, and weather information are automatically captured in each log to improve future predictions. Users may choose to keep their information and locations private or to share log details and photos with their close friends. Instant Buddy Notifications allow users to stay up to date with their friends’ fishing and hunting photos and to discover other great sportsmen in their area to follow.
The Sportsman Tracker app includes the following features for predicting, logging and sharing fishing and hunting experience:
- Hourly, Daily & Weekly Predictions – A one to five star rating tells users when and where to hunt and fish. The company’s unique prediction formula, Wildlife Intelligence Technology, utilizes adaptive learning algorithms and analyzes the key factors that influence the behavior and specific movement of hundreds of hunting and fishing species for each GPS plotted location.
- Hourly Weather – 10-day forecast with detailed hour by hour information lets users plan for wind direction changes, barometric pressure, temperature, weather conditions, and precipitation.
- Lake Contours: Comprehensive database of lake contours provided by Navionics in over 18,000 lakes and rivers to help users pinpoint hotspots and plot fishing locations. Available via web only.
- Log Activities – Capture memories from the woods and water by tracking and logging activities. Logs automatically include current location, date, time, and weather variables, and users can choose to document their target species, number of game shot/seen, photos, notes and a star rating of their experience.
- Instant Buddy Notifications – Instantly share logs with close buddies who will be notified of all log details. Enable push notifications to automatically share future logs with friends via push alert or email.
About Sportsman Tracker:
Sportsman Tracker is the ultimate hunting and fishing toolset that allows users to locate, log, report, and predict for all of their hunting and fishing activities. The company’s Wildlife Intelligence Technology prediction algorithm provides hunters and anglers with the most advanced and accurate forecast of where and when to hunt or fish. Hundreds of thousands of users have utilized Sportsman Tracker’s tools to forecast their success since 2013, logging in more than 5 million predictions in over 1.5 million locations. The company is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and was founded by Jeff Courter and Jon Schwander. For more information about Sportsman Tracker visit www.sportsmantracker.com.